
So, here's the question triathletes. Which is better a mountain bike or road bike? Does it matter that much? YES, YES, & YES!!! My husband did not think so. He wanted me try the mountain bike for my first triathlons before we invested in a road bike. So I did. I told him how discouraging it was to work so hard, pedaling so hard, sweat like crazy only to have people literally fly by me on their road bikes. In my upcoming triathlon I'm renting a road bike and wanted to see if he wanted to try a triathlon this year as well. We signed up together and have been swapping training stories at the end of the day. He told me he wants to ride the mountain bike. I said, ok, sounds great but just so you know it'll slow you down. Oh, no, he responded, I can still pump out 10 miles in 30 minutes. Riding a bike, is riding a bike and its the engine that counts. 80% engine (person) and only 20% road bike. What!! You saying my engine is slow. No way. So we had a little wager. This morning he road 10 miles and guess what his time was....any takers.....46 minutes. That's right. Eat your words sweetie. He's now looking into places he can rent a road bike. Told ya, road bikes are much, much better!
No comments:
Post a Comment