I started having back problems 10 years ago. I never thought I'd be able to run again as running was my passion and I was fast. I also had other help problems, surgeries, and doctor visits along the way. 4 years ago my physical therapist mentioned I should try swimming. Never really been a swimmer, so I tried it out. I looked ridiculous next to all those experience lap swimmers, but I kept plugging along. I finally got the breathing down and tried different strokes. I asked swimmers, life guards, etc...many questions and tried their ideas. Finally, I could swim! Slow, but I could do it. 3 years ago I decided to try running. I would walk 2 laps then run 1/2 a lap. Slowly moving up to walk 1, run 1 lap. Then my husband bought me a stationary bike for Christmas. During the winter months I could exercise on the bike. Not my favorite but I learned to enjoy it, a little. Then a year ago my sister mentioned she was going to do a triathlon. I thought, maybe...just maybe I could. So I set out to do one. I did it!! My time wasn't great but I did it! Without stopping at all! I was so excited I could engage in competition again - well engage or be behind the pack is still up for debate. I am thankful to my Father in Heaven for the ability He has given me to be active again. That's my story. The rest of the blog is just my personal posts on how I'm doing, my goals, and what races I'm participating in. The times are slow, but they are mine and I'm grateful for the opportunity to just participate.
No comments:
Post a Comment